United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2021 | United Nations Career Job Opportunity. The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC)
Requisition ID: 143789
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In Nigeria, the aim of the Food Security Sector, is to support the existing Government structure to ensure a more coherent and effective response, by mobilizing groups of government and non-government organizations to respond in a strategic manner across all key sectors or areas of activity, with each sector having a clearly designated lead.
- Humanitarian actors who participate as members in the Food Security Sector (FSS) are expected to be proactive partners in assessing needs, developing strategies and plans for the sector, and implementing agreed priority activities. Provisions should also be made in sectoral groups for those humanitarian actors who may wish to participate as observers, mainly for information-sharing purposes.
- The FSS provides an action-oriented forum for bringing together the Government and Non-Government humanitarian partners, to improve the timeliness and impact of appropriate humanitarian food security assistance to food insecure population and communities in North-Eastern Nigeria (Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe States).
- The Food Security Sector (FSS) in Nigeria is led by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MOARD) at the Federal level, and the respective Ministries of Agriculture and Natural Resources (MANR) at the State level. The Food Security Sector is Co-led by the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organizations and the World Food Programme.
- The Information Management Officer (IMO) plays a vital role in collecting, analyzing, and sharing data information that is important for the Sector partners and stakeholders to make informed (evidence based) decisions on the needs and gaps of affected populations to inform preparedness and planning. As such, he/she needs to be able to liaise and communicate with diverse partners.
- The IMO is expected to provide overall support to the FSS including assessments, preparedness and response planning processes, implementation, projections and documenting lessons learned. The IMO also provides support on Capacity Building to partners.
- The Information Management Officer directly reports to the Food Security Sector coordinator under the general supervision of the DCD Operations
- The Information Management Officer is expected to coordinate closely with fellow FSS Sector Information Management Officers and other Sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to formulation of wide programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field; or translate programme policy into Regional/Country level practices.
- Developing programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ and field operations.
- Provide advice and support to COs on moderately complex issues
- Provide technical advice or mobilize technical expertise on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Manage operational research and evidence building on issues relevant to food assistance.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal or external use.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of staff to enable high performance.12. Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for achievement of set objectives within a moderate budget.
- Contribute to Country Office Emergency Preparedness i.e. early warning, risk analysis, and contingency planning in order to respond to humanitarian crises and needs.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Management and Communication
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in information management in humanitarian context
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful/critical situations
- Willingness to work in the field, as and when required
- Fluent in spoken and written English Language
- Cultural and Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Basic understanding of Food Security and Livelihoods programming
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals are or candidates who have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- The contract is 12 months on a Fixed Term level, with possibility of renewal.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment For Information Management Officer – Food Security Sector (NOC)