Apply for Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Recruitment 2021 | Society for Family Health (SFH) Career is ongoing until deadline | Job Vacancies at Society for Family Health is available for qualified candidates. Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer
Ref No: sfh-94039
Job Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 36 months
- This position will be responsible for supporting the coordination of Strategic Information and M&E activities at the HQ level.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Support the SI unit in ensuring the quality of data generated and reported by the project states where they are assigned. Quality includes completeness, timeliness, integrity, validity, and reliability of the data
- Support the SI unit to fulfil all its reporting obligations to the funders, government, and SFH.
- Support the unit to ensure that data generated from the program inform programming and planning of the project at both state and project levels and contribute to the universal body of learning.
- Ensure support efforts at improving information flow and existing systems.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Statistics / Economics / Medical / Behavioural / Social Sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- A Master’s Degree in Demography, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Biostatistics / Statistics is an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of between 3 years progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Must have some working knowledge of surveillance and/or research with wide-ranging knowledge of research methodologies.
- Must have in-depth experience in preparing research for publications and presenting research findings to public health and policy specialists, media, and the public.
- Must possess the ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Knowledge of DHIS database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have proven experience working in a fast-paced non-governmental environment, and with a variety of donors.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Computer literacy & strong analytical skills including advanced use of Excel
- Knowledge in using various databases including EMRs and DHIS2.
- Conversant with USAID MER indicators, and national HIV & AIDS M&E and PMM tools
- Supervisory Skills: Proven leadership and supervisory experience in leading an SI team to successful outcomes.
- Must have advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of databases including EMR and DHIS2.
- Data Analysis and creating of visualizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player who works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker and problem solver with excellent attention to detail.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.
Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Recruitment 2021