Apply for Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Recruitment 2021 | Society for Family Health (SFH) Career is ongoing until deadline | Job Vacancies at Society for Family Health is available for qualified candidates. Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Gender Advisor
Ref No: sfh-40335
Job Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 36 months
- This position will be responsible for facilitating a better understanding of human rights, the needs and vulnerabilities of key populations and women and girls, and the interrelatedness of these areas in the context of achieving positive health outcomes for HIV, TB in key affected populations.
- The successful candidate shall provide the needed oversight in creating an enabling environment for the successful implementation of HIV Services for key affected populations in the States.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for gender-sensitive programming.
- Provide technical support to and identify opportunities for the development of relevant advocacy and communication/information materials to address gender (in)equality issues.
- Collect and promote good practices and lessons learned, contributing to a collection of replicable good practices for gender equality programming.
- Provide training/orientation ToT, mentoring, and one-on-one support on promoting the gender e-learning courses on Gender and Sexual Diversity (GSD) for project staff and partners.
- Programme management: ability to develop and come up with work-plans, monthly reports, stakeholder engagement as well as proven leadership and supervisory experience in leading a program team to successful outcomes.
- Assessments and Evaluation: conduct reviews and audits as well as gender assessments and analyses.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Law / International Relations / Social Development / Social / Behavioural Sciences or Gender Studies or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the above courses will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of four (4) years post NYSC work experience, preferably in Legal, Human rights activities, or Gender activism.
- Must have in-depth experience in advocacy and maintain a good relationship with the Law enforcement agents, especially the Police
Skills and Competencies required:
- Must have good knowledge of both local and international laws as it relates to Human Rights and Gender Equality specific to Key Population and children.
- Experience in advocacy and networking, especially with law enforcement agents most especially the Police.
- Experience in Managing and supporting CBOs and organizing training and related activities.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in the Hausa language
- A team player who works well under pressure to meets deadlines.
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Liberality with regards to people’s beliefs, mental and sexual orientation.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others; demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.
Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Recruitment 2021